Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finally.........Wicked!

Well this past weekend Michael and I had an awesome experiecne in Chicago. We set up a sitting swap with some friends and they watched the boys Friday night and all day Saturday. Michael and I were adventurous and took the train up to Chicago so we wouldn't have to deal with driving and parking. We first stopped for a quick tour of the Museum of Science and Industry, which was having a "free admission day." It was actually a really neat museum with great exhibts including a full size submarine. The main event of the day was attending the matinee of Wicked. I have wanted to see this for some time now and was so excited, I was blown away at the amazing set, music, and characters. We took the train home and decided it was a bit long for a same day to and from trip, 5 hours total travel time. Overall, we had a great time together and enjoyed seeing more of Chicago.

4 comments:

Emilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emilee said...

(Sorry about the comment above. It had a typo I couldn't live with.)
We were just there with my mom and brother a couple weeks ago. I think the Museum of Science and Industry is incredible. I wanted to drive the big corn/combine/tractor, but there was a long line of little kids, and I decided it would be rude to take my turn after Olivia and Naomi took theirs. Darn it! How fun to see Wicked. We've heard only fabulous things about it, and your report only adds to my desire to get there.

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, I am totally jealous!

Erin said...

Yeah, okay, now I'm jealous. I'm hoping to go to Wicked next June when it comes to San Antonio. I bet it was awesome! You guys still look the same as you did the last time we saw you. What was that, like 4 or 5 years ago? Nice.

I'm glad you got to go together. Always a treat!