Mike had to go to Indy for a recruiting fair for the residency program so we decided to make a family weekend out of it and get a hotel and go to a museum. We headed out Friday morning and got all of 10 miles out of town when a belt broken in the car. We ended up needing to call a tow truck to take it to the fix it shop and called our friend Larissa (THANK YOU, Larissa), to pick us up and take us home to get our van. Mike and I were a bit put out by the unforseen adventure but the boys LOVED seeing the tow truck take Dad's car. We had to unload everything from the car and put it into Larissa, and then into the van. Mike was quite late to the fair and was pretty disappointed. After we put that behind us we had a great evening seeing Downtown Indianapolis and getting a bite to eat and swimming at the hotel. Mike even went for a 7 mile run in the morning along a trail that runs through downtown, he loved it.
On Saturday we headed to Indy's wonderful Chilren's Museum. We met some of our dear friends from Med Scool there and had a great time together. We even hit the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner after the museum, yum. Here are a few pics from the day, I realized that it's hard to get pictures of the boys at the museum because they never stay in one spot very long and I can't get a shot.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
What a weekend!
Posted by
Michael n' Brooke Sanderson
at
2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you took pictures of your boys hanging out in front of that body shop! I owe you guys from all the handy work Mike's done at our house, so I'm glad you called me.
Brooke, I'm so sorry about your car. Mike, you are just unreal-- how do you just do a 7 mile run?
Post a Comment